Terms and Conditions concerning our Services,
& Extra Services
Terms and conditions
1. Driver’s age
Every driver should be at least 21 years old or have a driving license issued at least 2 years prior to rental and maximum 70 years old.
2. What our prices include
All prices include:
- All taxes, VAT 24%, Airport Fees & local taxes. No hidden fees!
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Replacement of motorbike in case of accident (subject to availability)
- 24 hours road assistance
- Unlimited kilometers – mileage
- Road map & tips of Paros and Antiparos islands
3. Driving license requirements
A valid National Driving License or International Driving License is required as follows:
National driving license: (EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS E.U) AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HOLLAND, HUNGARY, IRELAND, ITALY, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, NETHERLANDS, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND & UNITED KINGDOM
International driving license with Latin characters: ALBANIA, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BELARUS, BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA, BRAZIL, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CHILE, CONGO, COSTA RICA, CUBA, ECUADOR, FYROM, GEORGIA, GHANA, GUYANA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, ISRAEL, IVORY COAST, KAZAKHSTAN, KENYA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LIBERIA, MEXICO, MOLDOVA, MONACO, MONGOLIA, MONTENEGRO, MOROCCO, NIGERIA, NORTHERN IRELAND, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILLIPINES, QATAR, RUSSIA, SAN MARINO, SAUDI ARABIA, SENEGAL, SERBIA, SEYCHELLES, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, TAJIKISTAN, THAILAND, TUNISIA, TURKEY, TURKMEKISTAN, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, URUGUAY, UZBEKISTAN, VENEZUELA, VIETNAM, & ZIMBABWE
National driving license accompanied by an international driving permit (I.D.P.) (Without the National License, the I.D.P. on its own is not acceptable.): AUSTRALIA, CANADA, CHINA, NORTH KOREA, JAPAN, USA
4. Required documents at pick-up
- Valid driver’s licenses for all declared drivers (at least two years valid driving license if the driver is younger than 21 years old)
- International Driver’s Permit
- Photo ID or Passport
All details stated during a reservation (online, email or phone) must be accurate and true. The car rental office reserves the right to deny the rental, if the stated details are false.
5. Means of payment
- All credit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies – such as Eurocard/Mastercard, Diners Club, Visa and debit cards (Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro), except American Express – are acceptable as payment methods whereas any third party credit cards or prepaid cards are not accepted. The payment method must have been issued in the name of the driver. This must be presented at the time of vehicle pick-up and be valid at this time.
- Debit Cards: Accepted for the Rental and any associated products of the vehicle but not accepted for the Security Deposit
- Bank transfer
- Through the Revolut application
Please note that we do not accept prepaid cards.
6. Reservation confirmation
All reservations in order to be confirmed a 20% deposit of the total amount is required.
7. Cancellation policy
- Upon cancellation (for whichever reason) up to 21 days prior to arrival, your advance payment is 100% refunded
- Upon cancellation (for whichever reason) up to 14 days prior to arrival, your advance payment is 50% refunded
- Upon cancellation (for whichever reason) within 14 days prior to arrival, your advance payment is NOT refunded
- Paros Happy Bikes is not liable for any cancellations or delays of aircrafts/ferries. In any such case, the tenant must inform the company in good time of the modification or change of his/her booking.
- Change of reservation up to 14 days prior to arrival has no extra charge upon availability
8. No show policy
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle within 6 hours of the agreed rental start date and time without any written update, the reservation will be automatically cancelled and the booking deposit will be held in full.
Unlimited free mileage is included in our rates.
10. Fuel policy
The renter has to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel as delivered.
If the renter returns the vehicle with less fuel than it was delivered, the renter will be charged with the fuel difference plus a refueling service fee of 10 Euros.
There is no refund if the renter returns the vehicle with more fuel than it was delivered.
11. Cross border rentals and territorial restrictions
Cross Border Rentals are not allowed.
Ferries between Greek islands are not allowed, with the sole exception of the Paros – Antiparos ferry line.
In case of offense against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all protections lose their validity.
All rates include tax/VAT 24%.
13. Accident handling fee
An accident handling fee applies if a vehicle is damaged, depending on the damage done.
14. Administration fee for fine
Parking fines and traffic offenses will be paid by the renter in any case or will be charged to his credit card, even after the rental period. The renter of the vehicle is solely responsible for any traffic offense fines and related administration fees incurred during their rental period. Traffic ticket administration fee is 40€.
15. Removal of license plates
In case of removing the license plate because of a traffic offense, the renter will be charged for the disuse of the vehicle.
16. Loss of key
A loss of key fee applies.
17. Booking length and minimum rental charge
The minimum booking length is one day and the maximum is 30 days. The minimum rental charge is one day.
18. Vehicle delivery and collection
During working hours of our offices, vehicle delivery and collection is free in the following areas:
- Paros Port (Parikia area)
- Paros Airport
- All of Parikia area
We offer vehicle delivery and collection in the rest of the island at the fixed service fee of 9 euros per vehicle. You should inform us about the place you want us to deliver or collect the vehicle, in the 3rd step of the booking form and specifically in the Comments section.
19. 24 hours road assistance
All our vehicles are covered by a 24 hours road assistance.
20. Additional drivers
One additional driver is free of charge. The additional driver must accept the same terms & conditions as the main driver.
21. Payment with Credit or Debit Card
In case you choose to pay your booking with a credit or debit card upon arrival, there will be an increment of 2.9% on the total price of the booking.
22. After hours pick-up or drop-off fee
After working hours, and only inside the intervals 07.30 am – 09.00 am and 21.00 pm – 00.00 (midnight), the delivery or collection of vehicles is charged with 20 euros service fee per delivery or collection. You should inform us in the 3rd step of the booking form and specifically in the Comments section about your request, so we can make an arrangement.
We don’t accept pick-ups or drop-offs between 00.00 (midnight) and 07.30 am.
23. Offer in case of deposit of the full price of the booking
If you choose to pay up front the whole amount of the booking, we offer a discount of 10% on the total price. If you opt in for this discount, you need to inform us in the 3rd step of the booking form and specifically in the Comments section so we can arrange it. It is also very important to inform you that if you opt in for this discount/offer, the payment for the booking will not be refundable.
24. Discount in case of multiple days booking
A discount on the total rental fee is automatically applied as follows:
- From 3 to 5 days rental: 3% total discount on the rental fee
- From 6 to 9 days rental: 6% total discount on the rental fee
- Longer than 10 days rental: 10% total discount on the rental fee
The discount is not valid and will not be applied during the touristic high season: from the 21st of July until the 31st of August.
Insurances and waivers offered by our company
1. Third-party liability (T.P.L.) insurance – Free of charge
All authorized drivers of Paros Bikes vehicles are covered against liability to third parties with a maximum cover of 1.220.000,00 EUR for material damages and 1.220.000,00 EUR for personal injuries, when using vehicle hire from Paros Bikes. T.P.L. Insurance is mandatory coverage for all motorbike hiring, as stated by the Greek Legislation.
Excluded from the protection is the use of the vehicle for the transport of dangerous goods. All protection as part of the rental contract will become void, in particular, if an unauthorized driver has used the vehicle or if the driver of the vehicle does not possess the required driver’s license at the time of the event giving rise to claim.
2. Collision damage waiver (C.D.W.) – Daily charge of 7 EUR
Covers the vehicle’s liability in any case, with a deductible amount which depends on the category of the vehicle as stated below.
- Category A: 400 euros
- Category B: 400 euros
- Category C: 500 euros
3. Full theft waiver (F.T.W.) – Daily charge of 5 EUR
Covers the rented vehicle against total theft with a deductible amount of 500 EUR.
Extra paid services offered by our company
1. Additional driver – Daily charge of 3 EUR each
The first two drivers per vehicle are included in the rental price. If you need to register more than two drivers, each next one will be charged for 3 euros. All terms and conditions apply to all registered drivers.
2. Full tank service – Fixed charge of 10 EUR per rental
We deliver the vehicle with a full tank and you have to return it with a full tank.